Friday, February 29, 2008

Round Chapel Community Meal - well worth the price of admission

I have to tell you about my dinner last night. The rest of the day was unremarkable food-wise, especially since I didn't take time for breakfast and ate a stupid nutrigrain bar on the way to the train station. That hardly seems like eating. Should have slit my wrists instead.

Anyway, last night was my first community meal at the Round Chapel here in Hackney as the official community worker. Didn't mean I had to do much since the lovely Ben Burns is still in place while he does the handover to me and my partner Paul. Ben had arranged for some people from a local second hand children's shop called Merry-Go-Round to cook the meal and it was really lovely. Amazing what can come out of a rather dingy semi-commercial kitchen. But more ranting about food hygiene later.

There was some nice chicken
rice with spicy sauce
green salad with homemade garlic vinegarette
a lovely piece of chocolate cake

Why is some chocolate cake dark in color and some light? This was light and may actually have been chocolate banana. Hm. Funny that I couldn't tell. It was good and moist and comforting.

I eventually had lunch yesterday which was simply
toasted cheese

Not a good food day, except for dinner being nice.

I think I nibbled a few biccy's before dinner, too. I always like to eat just before I eat officially. You?

No comments: