Monday, May 12, 2008

12.5.08 why is 5 so easy?

Eating five fruit and veg a day is suddenly easy because I've got a fruit&veg shop one block a way. It's just a few doors down from the pain au chocolat place so pretty much as long as I allow myself to divert in that direction every so often, the F&V place gets most of my attention now.

The budget has gotten a bit out of control lately (F&V not to blame) so I set two standards today: at least 5 and all under a fiver.

carrots
broccoli
okra
tinned tomatoes
and
um
red wine (grapes AND antioxidants...)
Okay, it isn't that easy, but it's fun to try.

I did it, with a cappuccino to boot. At least I would have done if it weren't for the chocolate covered halvah near the counter at the F&V shop. How can they do that? So I was .79 over.

The second standard was at least 5 glasses of water. I think I managed nearly 8, which is better anyway. Wait, that reminds me (water is a great way to boost your mental acuity) I also had raisins on my breakfast toast with peanut butter. Beautiful little golden ones. Yippee! She shoots...she scores!

No comments: