Tuesday, May 20, 2008

20.5.08 the dog ate my blog

Did I really not eat for a week?
Seriously, of course not.
Imagine a hunger strike for a good cause, though. I read on the net somewhere that "Gandhi never fasted for more than 21 days." Only 21? What a comment! I've been known to go 21 minutes without food, but never without thinking about food.

In the developed, western world we have the incredible luxury of connecting food with self-expression (the eating of it, not the refusal of it, I'm talking about now).

My mom told me last night that she went to her first vegan restaurant. It wasn't her cup of tea, necessarily. I find it interesting that I think I can picture the "type" of people she dined with. There may have been a few business suits, but I bet there weren't.

The reason I haven't been writing is that my food in the past 8 days has said this: I'm disoriented and, though not depressed, decidedly blue.

next time I'm in such a funk, I'll eat only blue food to match my mood, and perhaps lift it.

this has not stopped me from having at least 1 pain au chocolat - a certain spot of sunshine in cloudy week...

No comments: