Monday, June 16, 2008

16.6.08 okay, too long

It's been too long since I've posted...too long for me in terms of thinking about what I'm eating. I mean, I've been thinking about it, but...

There was this wee trip to Scotland which involved a lot of carbohydrates and considerably more green in the landscape than on the plate. I loved it. Adored every last crumb of it. The steak pie from the local butcher's shop, the whisky by the fire, the scones here, there and everywhere. Yes, it was Scottish cuisine at it's crispy, crumbly, flakey best and all in the company of gorgeous new friends.

By rights there should now be some sort of juice fast going on, but I don't believe in culinary penance. Maybe I'll lay off the pain au chocolat for a little while. Maybe.

And this morning I started with half a ruby red grapefruit. That ought to balance things out...

2 comments:

bikingrev said...

too long, maybe, but not long enough for the new friends who find that the whiskey only tastes half as good without you and it's really enough to buy ONE steak pie instead of the two we demolished together.
And then there were those very stimulating conversations - must do that again soon.

may I interest you in some sticky toffee pudding?

Love

bikingrev

JLN said...

Sticky Toffee?! Only my favorite! Pour on the sauce and I am SO there! Yes, tis true how food tastes so much better in company and with a heaping side of conversation. peace, bikingrev!