Saturday, July 19, 2008

19.7.08 Manish Water

What is manish water, you ask?

For full details and a picture you can go here. But I'm warning you...it's graphic and no ethical vegetarians need apply.

I didn't have the manish water when we went to get some take-away from the Jamaican place on the main street near the house. As you'll read in the article, I really have no need of it. Probably tasty, but I'm not convinced. The "stew beef" and rice was very tasty indeed and although it did nothing for my libido, it was a fun food foray into a new cuisine. The only downside is that the flavor in Jamaican food often comes from lashing of MSG, which always makes me feel like I'm this close to losing control of my limbs and makes my brain wobbly as well.

The borough of Hackney in London where we live is well populated with multi-generation Jamaican immigrants. Theirs is a fascinating history, which we just learned more about at the Hackney Museum.

No comments: