Tuesday, March 11, 2008

11.3.08 Slow Puck

I've been a sucker for the Power Bar genre for a long time. Back when I was running long miles and otherwise manic about work and play and life in general, the idea of handheld meals on the go appealed to me. I'm not sure they did my insides any long-term favors, but there you go. I was happy living on three squares, or rather long and rectangulars for quite a while there. It's been some time since efficiency ruled over epicurean tendencies with me, but a recent trip to Whole Foods in Kensington saw me bedazzled with the breadth of selection in the bars collection. And I think I've found the best one, which my beautiful neighborhood deli also sells! Yippee! So...drumroll please...it is Slow Puck! check it out. I didn't know what slow fruit was, but I am a convert to this method of drying fruit "as nature intended." Today's flavor: slow fig and macadamia nut; waiting for a new day is slow pear, mulberry and brazil nut. Wow. Now that's a powerful bar. puck. thingy.

No comments: