Tuesday, March 18, 2008

18.3.08 not starving

No, I haven't been on a hunger strike for the last few days. In fact, on at least one of the days, I was so full I could have burst thanks to a fantastic roast at a friend's house.

But I managed to feel hungry again after a couple of days of afterglow from that great meal and today I made sticky date pudding in individual little muffin tins. Another fine use of golden syrup and absolutely perfect for the bitterly cold weather we've had for the past two days. I have nostalgia for this dish and never even had it as a kid.

Here's a great recipe I found for it. You're on your own to find two great little kids to help you cook the sauce, as I had when our friends came over for dinner and Finn, 4, and Queenie, 2.5, made sure I had just the right ratio of cream to syrup...thanks, guys!

No comments: