Tuesday, March 25, 2008

25.3.08 leftovers aren't so bad

Tonight I'm finishing up a rhubarb cobbler made from the fresh spring crop in my garden. And some homemade fried rice fried again.

I spent 2.80 on food today, and it was two items of 1.40 each. It's amazing how different the value of something can be. One lot was for an instant cappuccino at the Kew Gardens station because the cafe was so cute. Cute only goes so far. The other was for a beautiful baguette from L'Epicerie. If I were down to my last 1.40 and dying of thirst or a caffeine headache, I would still buy the bread.

listing keeps me sane:
lemon in hot water
coffee with milk and a little bit of cream
muesli and milk with the dregs of evil crunchy nut clusters
pumpkin seeds on the train
baguette
brie
gouda
dark, wrinkly olives
bad cappuccino
chocolate covered peanuts
tea
fried rice
czech budweiser
about to have rhubarb crumble and cream...

No comments: