Friday, April 11, 2008

11.4.08 cookies galore

Yes, it's as good as the James Bond reference that came to mind...

Nearly.
P indulged my cookie situation and then some today. I stayed home beavering away (one of the world's best sayings - ask a Canadian if you aren't familiar with the terminology) at our overdue writing project and he bought me several types of cookies, including the following, described on the packet as:

Born in the Tuscan countries Cantuccini are one of the most wellknown and appreciated Italian specialities. In Florence since 1929 we have been producing this exquisite cookies in the full respect of the old recipe. Excellent also with dessert wines, coffee, cappuccino, tea, ice-cream.


Do I need to say that a) I ate too many and b) all of the grammar and punctuation above is original to the packaging and unedited by me.

They were good cookies.

We just got home from dinner with friends - gorgeous homemade pizzas with a delicate hand-shaped wholemeal crust and a beautiful fresh salad.

I shouldn't have had so many cookies earlier...could have eaten more pizza, to be sure.

No comments: