Saturday, April 19, 2008

19.4.08 either too full or too empty

When other bloggers take a day or three off, I wonder where their commitment lies. I mean, honestly, how hard can it be to keep up a blog?
Um.

I have dropped the ball. Rather than gazing at my navel, a much-beloved sport of mine, about why I've fallen off the blogging track, I will stay focused on my belly and what goes in it.

It's been a fabulous few days in food for me. A couple of nights ago we were celebrating with some colleagues at L'Epicerie, my favorite deli on earth and just around the corner. Our staff and friends had the place to ourselves after hours. I didn't go outside to look, so happy was I with my shaved Italian and Spanish hams and smelly cheeses, but I know what it looked like anyway because I've seen these happy little occasions from the bus window and been jealous. Glowing shop windows, the place a warm beacon against not just the cold climate but the cold disconnection of the city; friends inside laughing and lifting their glasses to this shared joy or that fond memory. Sigh. And then it was me on the inside! Yippee! I'd do that every night of the week, if I could.

The next night I nearly did. We treated friends from Oz to home cooked bangers and mash; topped off with rhubarb from the garden in a crumble. Again the windows were aglow. Lovely.

And tonight, another meal cooked here for friends. A cuban theme since we found the Crystal sauce the other day. I think that was the last day I wrote. If I were to analyze my reasons for not posting, maybe I was just letting Crystal have the last word. Maybe.

Maybe I'm just dead tired from all the gorgeous food and friends. Yep, that's it. Good night and good food tomorrow!

No comments: