Monday, April 14, 2008

14.4.08 Crystal Clearly the Best

Shopping the local small supermarkets in this very multicultural neighborhood is usually a tour of the unknown - I'd say 90% of the things on the shelves I can't even pronounce let alone imagine what it goes with or tastes like. And I love that. It adds to life as an adventure.

It was fun to come across a little familiar territory today, though. At first I only saw the fake import version (how do they get away with mock branding?). But then, there it was, the familiar white and blue label on the distinctive bottle of bright red sauce. Crystal, all the way from down home, right there waiting for me. I've been waiting for it forever - last year living in Oz I couldn't find it and life was much less spicy.

Another day at home, recuperating. It was time to pay the tax man, too. Wow. I do know how to live.

If it wasn't for Crystal, life would be dull indeed.
Also, the same store sells Ben and Jerry's. Some New Yorker's swear by chicken soup to cure the common cold; I'd go for New York Superfudge Chunk any day.

No comments: