Wednesday, April 2, 2008

2.4.08 skip Tuesday

I dislike Mondays so much I skipped Tuesday...

I've just made the most amazing (I can say that because it was a group effort with my friend Catherine) Thai-style soup.

chicken stock
lemon grass cut in small circles
coriander rough chopped
garlic finely chopped and sliced
fresh ginger, grated
lime peel very finely chopped
small amount of oyster sauce
tiny bit of sesame oil
straw mushrooms (from a jar, marinated in sunflower oil, drained)
couple of sliced green chiles

We had it with rice - love the rice cooker! Finely chopped chorizo sausage pan fried in small amount of olive oil with sliced onions, garlic (very finely chopped), lime peel (as above) and lime juice on top of the rice. Salt, and fresh ground pepper.

The presentation included wedges of tomato and sun-ripened black olives, along with additional coriander to put in the soup to taste.

A good time was had by all! Made me forget all about the poor excuse for a cappuccino earlier in the day...

No comments: